Rochester Rigging & Erectors is recognized by our customers as the number one steel fabricator, steel erector and ornamental steel installer in the region. Our commitment to a safe, healthful, and environmentally responsible project adds value for our customers and provides a safe work environment for our employees. Our outstanding delivery, cost, quality of our work, and HSE performance adds value for our customers and ensures our business success.
Our Guiding Principles
Our number one priority is providing a safe and healthful work environment for our employees. We work responsibly to protect our Environment.
To achieve our zero incident goal, we follow these Guiding Principles
Managing Health, Safety and Environment Adds Value
- All injuries are preventable.
- No job or task is worth risking injury.
- Employees will work safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Senior Management leads RR&E HSE Program. Project Managers, General Foreman and Foreman implement the program and involve employees in the HSE process. Each level is responsible and accountable for the level(s) below.
- Management, Project Managers, General Foreman and Foreman are responsible for providing a work environment free from recognized hazards where employees can work safely.
- All employees have a shared responsibility for the safety of themselves and others, without regard for their title.
- Health, Safety, & Environmental considerations are integrated into our management systems, strategies, and decisions.
- We believe managing HSE adds value to the business.
Managing the company’s HSE performance adds value for our business, our customers, and our employees. When there are no injuries and employees are healthy, the direct cost-savings to our business includes:
- A lower Experience Modification Rate (EMR), which may allow us to bid on certain work
- Lower workers’ compensation insurance costs, which make us more competitive
- Reduced medical expenditures
- Smaller expenditures for return-to-work programs (when available);
- Fewer defects in our work
- Lower costs for job accommodations for injured workers (when applicable)
- Less money spent for overtime
- Ensured compliance with regulations and avoids business interruption and potential liability.
Successfully managing HSE reduces indirect costs as a result of:
- Increased productivity
- Higher quality work
- Increased morale
- Better labor/management relations
- Reduced turnover of personnel
- Better use of human resources
Employees and families benefit from good health and safety practices:
- Good management practices and employees following sound work procedures prevent injuries from occurring.
- The employee avoids the potential pain or discomfort from the injury and the disruption to the employee’s life.
- Their incomes aren’t impacted.
- Their families’ lives are not hindered by the injury.
- Their stress is not increased.